A Little Modesty Goes a Long Way

Happy Tuesday, Friends!  Ever since seeing the challenge of completing our UFOs, I have been rummaging through my refashion pile.  In the pile was a project long forgotten: the pregnancy shirt.  Now, I am not pregnant but you would not know it with this in its original form of a dress.  I used view B of this pattern because I loved the sleeves and this was one of the few patterns I had in my collection at that time.



I also had this fabulous maroon fabric that I picked up off the JoAnn's clearance table so long ago.  I figured, why not put the two together?


Friends, it was a disaster.  I don't know what I did wrong, but I looked pregnant and my assets were on extreme display.  I wore the shirt out once and then put it back in the pile, wondering what I could do to make it a little more modest.

Last night, I had an epiphany - why not put the vintage slip tube top I created a few weeks ago under the shirt?

Voila!  The pregnancy shirt turned out not so bad after all.


I like the back neckline and the pleats on the shoulders.  Elastic and pleats - who knew they could work so well?

Pleat detailing on the front.  Maybe it would lay flatter if I used a different fabric?


Finally, a big arms picture!  Because I am no longer afraid of falling out of my clothing.


Have you ever added detailing to a shirt to make it a little more modest?