Infinite Variety & QuiltAlbum Blog Hop


Oh my! So much time has passed since my last post but so much has been going on. Let's just start with yesterday. I was fortunate to be able to see "Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts" that is an amazing exhibit put on by the Folk Art Museum in New York City. It's over tomorrow but if you can, make your way there. It is AWESOME!!


I got up early and headed into the city via the Holland Tunnel. I parked at my usual spot and started downtown toward the Henry Glass offices. Along the way, I met these snazzy shoes. I love them.


There's something about beautiful leather men's shoes. I know I'm weird that way. I get inspired by everything around me.


Bryant Park and the Empire State Building in the morning.




I'm finally at the offices in the garment district. Well, can you guess who I was meeting here? Why, that's Carrie Nelson from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. all the way from Arizona. We both look like the Michelin Man because it is still pretty darned cold here in NYC.


After some brainstorming in the conference room, we headed out for lunch. By the way, her new line is gorgeous.

Carrie and I headed over to Brendan's for lunch with Larry, Karen and Lenny from Henry Glass.


Forgive for pulling out my camera at lunch but I love architecture and the ceiling at Brendan's is to die for. The food is amazing too! I had the pan-seared scallops with feta cheese salad. Yummy!


Afterward, Carrie and I took a cab up to the Park Avenue Armory to see the show.



The building itself is impressive! Again, beautiful architecture and detailing.


This is the entrance to the show. It is beautiful but it doesn't quite prepare you for what's inside.


This is only part of the exhibit but what a view. The quilts are hung all the way to the top of this 8 story structure.







We chatted with Jennifer Keltner and Elizabeth Tisinger of Better Homes & Gardens [American Patchwork & Quilting].


I didn't manage to beat the traffic so we decided to head down to Purl Soho and Kate's Paperie



It was a beautiful day and one that is hard to describe in pixels and text but I am inspired to the core.  I will show you some more photographs here, on Facebook or Flickr in the next few days.

Meanwhile, I can't forget the fun event that just started today. I've been invited to share QuiltAlbum with you. My day will be tomorrow. Please come back for a little bit of fun with this terrific program. Each day there will be one giveaway for a CD or download of the program! How exciting!

Here are the participants this week. Click on their names to get to their blogs for more information.

March 29

March 30
Linda Lum DeBono

March 31

April 1

See you tomorrow!

xo, L