MMM Days 21-31

Ah, Me Made May, I enjoyed you while you lasted, but man, I missed my sweatpants.

Day 21

Meg WAS NOT HAPPY. This is my not happy face.  The noise level in the HR group sometimes gets a little crazy and I got a headache at work.  



Day 22 - 23

I have no idea where those pictures are.  It's like they disappeared into my fabric closet, never to be seen again.  

Day  24:

I finally got to wear the Sassy Secretary Dress to work. Rob told me to pose like a flamingo.  My balance is wretched.



Day 25

This photo shoot was a ton of fun!  And the overalls are insanely comfortable.  I think they'll be perfect in the Autumn when the weather has cooled down a little more.


Overalls: EvaDress 4536
Blouse: McCalls 5929

Day 26 

SLEEPOVER.

I have awesome friends who have awesome homes who host awesome sleepovers.  


Socks: Target.  Someday it'll be a hand knitted pair, but we'll just admire the pros for now. :)

Day 27

Sunday is cleaning day at our place.  I am on window duty.


Shirt and Shorts: Lisette 1879
 
 My view while I'm washing the windows.  I'm pressed up against them while I wash, so it's good that I'm not afraid of heights.

I do hate spiders, though, and believe it or not, we do get spiders crawling through the window seats into our place. I killed 14 in one day before.  Sometimes I find ninja spiders while I am window cleaning and freak out. Again, a good thing I'm not afraid of heights since I'm freaking out next to a pane of glass.

 
Sometimes the view of the clouds is super lovely.  I love taking cloud pictures.  I've been doing it ever since I was a little kid and I have some really magnificent photos from the years.


 Day 28

My last day of Memorial Day vacation.  I was reluctantly getting ready for bed at a decent hour when Rob snapped this photo.


 
 Day 29

I haven't worn this dress in a year!  I don't know why, because I absolutely love it :)



Day 30

It got chilly today and my photographer got sassy.



Day 31

A cold and rainy day in Chi-town. 


Skirt: Vogue 8701

Well, we've come to the end, and I learned quite a bit from this month.  I suppose I expected it to be easier than it was, considering how many me made garments are in my closet. Here are some of the things I've realized:

  1. I need more basics.  I need pencil skirts and black pants for work, more blouses, sweaters for the office, and some casual pants (like jeans).  The weather this month made it really difficult to survive in skirts and my few pairs of summery pants.  I need more cake in my life, if you will.
  2. As much as I love color and patterns, I don't like mixing them.  It's not my style to throw on crazy prints and try and make them work - I like having one patterned piece and then a solid colored wardrobe piece to compliment it.  I have many patterned garments, and not many solid.  This created a bit of a roadblock and so I ended up using some pieces multiple times. 
  3. I need more casual clothes.  More sweatshirts, more comfy pants, and a onesie.  A me made onesie would be delightful, and I totally have the pattern already.  
 
 I'm glad that I identified these wardrobe gaps, but it makes me a little sad to think of how many dresses I have made that didn't get worn at all because of the shoddy weather here.  I am debating on having an entire month where I only wear dresses so these lovely bits get to see the light of day.  I'm thinking August so the weather won't be as much of an issue.  Any one interested in trying out this venture with me??  Let me know in the comments!

Friends, it's been delightful following along with all of you and your gorgeous ensembles!  Here's to us and another great month of me mades!