30DoC: Vintage Inspiration

Friends, I apologize - I am totally late posting this, but I blame the post Thanksgiving traffic on the way home from Rob's parents.  I often had to repeat to myself the "Groundhog Day" mantra: Don't drive angry.


Ok, once I settled down and got moving, I finished up the dress I had started before we left.  This was my sister's graduation dress from high school, I think ... but it was passed onto me to refashion.



I loved the sweetheart neckline immediately, and I felt this could be a very sweet sundress a la vintage Sears ads.  And by vintage I mean 1980s...because that totally counts right?  Does that make me vintage?  Oy - don't answer that.



I cut 18" off the bottom, removed the sleeves, took in the sides and made a fabric belt to hold it all together.


I love how it came out, and I'm really excited about wearing it this summer!  Until then, it's getting packed away with all the rest of the summer items under my bed.  Winter has arrived, y'all, and it's going to get real ugly outside soon.

 

I hope you all had safe travels home from the holiday, and have a fantastic night!