30DoC: Pinterest Finds

Friends, it is hardly a secret that I love Pinterest with a fiery passion.  For this challenge, I selected a pin in my Sewing Inspiration board: See Kate Sew's tutorial on using horizontal pleats to spice up a skirt.

This purple polka dot skirt was sitting in my refashion pile without any love, so I decided to conduct my experiment on it...



Close up of the horizontal pleat.  I love the little decorative touch it adds to the skirt - I may even add another before I wear it again this summer! I'll have to remember this before I hem another skirt - this was definitely easier :)

 

Friends, have you ever used horizontal pleats on a skirt or shirt?  Do you think you'll add this touch to any pieces in your wardrobe?  Let me know - I'd love to know what you're brainstorming!

PS If you haven't seen Becky's post from today, she made a really fabulous sculpture!