Fall-O-Ween Day 1: Colors


Welcome to Fall-O-Ween 2010! I am so excited and am so glad that you're here to follow along. There are 10 designers who are participating this time around. On each day of the hop, each designer will blog about the topic of the day. On the special day of the hop, she'll have a FREE project designed especially for you and the hop. At the end of the hop, there will be a super grand prize. All you have to do to be eligible is comment to on all 10 of the blogs while the blog is going on. The prize consists of all of our favorite products and the total value is $500! To get started, read about all of the themes of the day and who the designer of the day is right here. Today, hop over to see what Gudrun's up to. I'm sure that you'll love her wonderful surprise for you.



Today's topic is colors. Oh, how I love colors. Fall is my favorite season. I love watching the leaves change their colors and seeing all of the different hues.

A few years ago, a good high school friend married his sweetheart in a canoe in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We were lucky because we were hitting the peak of the changing of the colors of the leaves. We had to paddle to a bridge to witness the couple exchanging their vows underneath a bridge. 





Afterward, my hubby and I drove around the east coast and all I can say is that it was awesome to drive around a curve along the Cabot Trail and be surprised by a wall of leaves of a million different colors. It was a beautiful day and a trip to remember!


I saw a similar colors at my lovely local quilt shop the other day. Toby, the owner, was putting together a few kits and she had a few beautiful autumn quilts on display. This one was so pretty draped in the corner.


You can check out my website and journal design too to see my latest take on fall flowers.

Do you like to make autumn-inspired designs? What are your favorite motifs? Leaves, pumpkins, scarecrows, ghoulish ghosts? 

I also have a special invite for you. I'm going to be a guest on Creative Mojo with Mark Lipinski. My good friend, Mark Lipinski, has an awesome new radio show and its all about creativity and inspiration. Do tune in on Wednesday at 3 p.m. at http://www.toginet.com/. If you miss it you can download it from iTunes. You call in too at 877-864-4869! Join us for some fun. I'm sure you be entertained and inspired.





See you tomorrow! 

xo, L