What I've Been Doing or Sewing + Running = FUN

I've been absent lately and neglecting my craftyness for the world of running.  Since last January, I've been training for the 2010 Chicago Marathon, which has been quite the adventure, considering I had never run before in my life.  I started with the Couch to 5K Program, and once that was completed, I transitioned into a 26 week training program for beginning marathon runners.  Right now, I am up to running 14 miles on my long runs.  I know, lots of back story!  Back to sewing.  I signed up for the "Elvis is Alive 5K" and found out that if you dress like Elvis, you get to go through the starting line first!  So, folks, I signed up for the race and whipped out a jumpsuit in 2 days.  Believe it or not, I did have a pattern for a jumpsuit.  It was a Burda pattern that a friend had given to me years ago and I never threw away/sold.  I also had a large supply of floral swimsuit material.  And so, with wig and subglasses purchased, I donned my jumpsuit (sans zippers because with the material, I could just shimmy into it), and went to run my race.   

This guy's costume was amazing. I am bringing a guitar next year for sure!

 

I made it to the Top 5 Best Dressed!


The back view. My cape was detachable and flowed beautifully when I ran.




I was super happy with my efforts, even if the collar was completely wretched.


So that is what I have been doing lately.  What's up in your neck of the woods?