My Current Mantra: What Would Emma Do?

As many of my friends know, I have been trying to quit biting my nails FOREVER.  It's hard though, when you are an anxious, nervous person and by the time you catch yourself, the damage is done. 

For the last couple of days, I have been trying something new.  Whenever I catch myself about to bite a nail, I simply say, "Emma wouldn't do that."  And since I somewhat idolize that redheaded fashionista, it just stops me cold.  I put my hands back down, take a deep breath, and go on to do something else less destructive... like lotioning my hands.  Lotion is my friend, I'm realizing. 

I realize this mantra/idea may sounds strange to some of you, but it's actually working.  I have tried painting my nails, coating my fingers in nasty tasting stuff, putting rings on my fingers (because I knew I wouldn't want to show off my jewelry on stubby fingers), etc.  Nothing worked. 

I'll keep you updated on how this goes, but if it goes well, then I am going to purchase something wonderful for myself.  Probably something Emma Pillsbury-ish.  What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear has a fantastic giveaway going on right now from this etsy shop: Candy Shop Vintage.  When I was browsing through the selection of this shop, I fell in love.  I am now offering myself a reward if I can go a month without biting my nails.  A brooch to put on my sweater I picked up from Ragstock would be nice.