Emma Pillsbury ... and ramblings about shoes

I love Emma Pillsbury. 

Shocking, I know, because who would love a redhead with great fashion sense and a heart full of gold?

And by great fashion sense, I mean awesomely superior fashion sense. 


I had mentioned yesterday about What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear?  And I am convinced that everyone needs to look at this blog, if for no other reason than to appreciate the bloggers who track down similar affordable looks all over the Internet.  Seriously - the shoes they find are incredible.  I love shoes.

I know my boyfriend often wonders why I buy so many pairs of shoes.  I tell him it is because shoes are not depressing.  I know I wear a size ten.  I don't have to play a guessing game and try on three different sizes in order to get a proper fit.  I go into Payless Shoes and walk to the Size 10 section and I know what my options are.  If I go into a department store to look for clothing, however, or even an upscale designer store (like the trendy ones on State Street), I know there is a very good chance of them not carrying my size.  Size 12 is enormous and no one wears it apparently.  I wish more people catered to curves, but that is a note for another time.  So back to shoes. 

A pair of size 10 shoes may be uncomfortable, so I put them back and I don't buy them - but for the most part, they do fit and make my feet do a happy dance.  I don't have to go through the anguish of feeling like I am having a fat day, or bemoaning the fact that I do have breasts.  I can just buy shoes, and that is a complete confidence booster.

My boyfriend now sees it from my point of view - which is good, since these shoes go in his closet.