The best gift ever...

title
I have a confession to make -- it hasn't just been the renovation and the move that I've been busy with (although those are still in full swing). I've been carrying around (literally for nine months!) some pretty big news that has (finally) just made her arrival.

Little C was born 12 days ago and I am still not over the wonder. Perhaps I never will be -- I wouldn't know, never having been a parent before. Now that I am I'm ecstatic and nervous and excited and scared all at once. "Please let me be good at this one thing," I think to myself as we stare at each other over her 3am meal. And as she nods off to sleep with a ghost of a smile, which isn't really a smile at all but just some gas according to her doctor, I know this is going to be the most amazing ride of my life.

I have no clue when my posting with regain a semblance of regularity. Right now the only meals I am serving are hers (although I have sneaked in a few items of sustenance for C and I). I'll be back as often and my and little C's ever changing schedule allows -- after all, I now have more people to cook for and more reason to document our family recipes :)

C and I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas gift! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all! :)