Whoo! Whee!



Have you checked out this issue yet? If not, run out now and buy it! I'm in this issue! My profile is in this issue and so is a special quilt design. Let me know what you think. Oh, if you want to buy a kit for this, contact Nadine at The Material Girls Quilts.


My "Believe" quilt is pictured in the article. Many of you have e-mailed to inquire about it. I am re-packaging it right now and it should be ready very soon. You can contact Kindred Quilts to purchase it when it is ready. I will let you know here and on my website.

The folks at American Patchwork & Quilting did a fabulous job! Thank you to Elizabeth, Nancy, Bryan and everyone else involved. They are an awesome group of people to work with. It has been interesting for me to look back and explore my past while reading this article and writing for the designer hop. Designing the "Believe" quilt seems like eons ago.

What's amazing is that I started my business almost ten years ago. What a wild journey! I can't believe that I've worked with Henry Glass for 8 years now! [I should say that it's been about 4 years with Henry Glass and four years with Chanteclaire Fabrics before it became part of Henry Glass.] Love you guys!

Do you want to hear something funny? [well, funny now but not then] See those long side applique panels? When my friend Steve was going to take the quilt top to Quilt Market, I discovered that I had appliqued them both facing in the same direction by mistake. They're supposed to be mirror images of each other. Well, I am anal and I admit it. I re-did one of the panels in THREE days. Was I crazy? Yes, because it was all hand applique.

Would you have sewn a new panel? Tell me I'm not that anal. Just a little compulsive. Let me know what you think about the article too! I'd love to hear from you.
xo, L