Where to Go Next?



2013 has started well for me with my story 'Dancing Queen', with its lovely illustration, published in the People's Friend and then today another sale to Woman's Weekly.
 
As the new year starts, it is inevitable that my thoughts are turning to what I want to achieve this year with my writing.
 
My options are:  
  • Carry on concentrating on writing short stories for magazines
  • Try a different genre of short story such as historical
  • Try writing a serial for these magazines
  • Try writing a pocket novel
  • Embark on a longer project (novel)
My gut feeling is not to run before I can walk and get another year of writing short stories under my belt to get more of a feel for what type of writing suits me. If I find that I create a character I like so much that I want to extent their journey into something longer, I shall go with it and see where it leads.

What I do know is that two years ago, when I was teaching English in a little private primary school, I had no idea that this was what I would now be doing - and I wouldn't change it for anything.