Blue Monday

 
Today, 21 January, is officially the most depressing day of the year, or so everyone on the radio and in the papers keep telling me.
 
Apparently psychologist Cliff Arnall came up with this date after working out a scientific formula based on the length of time until next Christmas, holiday debt and the likelihood of giving up on New Year's Resolutions. Add to this short day length, bad weather and illness and it's not surprising that many people would like to curl up in their duvet and not come out.
 
So how do I feel? Sorry Mr Arnall but actually I feel ... good. I also feel even happier knowing that I am not a statistic!
 
To cheer up anyone who, like me, had a misspent youth in the eighties, the following clip is from the original music video for New Order's 1983 song 'Blue Monday' back in the days when guys looked cool in make up (or so I thought back then).
 
What's making you feel good (or blue) today?