New Year's Resolutions!

Friends, it's that time of year again when I think about how I want to grow in the upcoming year.  2013 is going to be the year of "Make Do or Do Without."  My sewing stash is obscene.  Truly, it's out of control.


 I have more trims, scraps, buttons, and patterns than could ever be used ... unless I focused all of my energy into not buying any for the upcoming year.  And you know what?  Just to drive that point home and to finally get on the path to eliminating my debt once and for all, I'm making some big changes.

Here are my resolutions for 2013:

1.  I may not buy any fabric until my stash has been effectively used up.  There are some exceptions to this rule, though.  I can buy (only as needed and if no substitutions are available): fusible interfacing, white cotton for underlining sheer fabric/bed sheet projects, and lining fabrics.



2.  No new patterns.  None.



3.  Notions can be bought if I have nothing in the stash that can be used as a substitute (thinking specifically of separating zippers).



4. No more piles.  Everything must be able to fit into a space in my new apartment on March 1, 2013.  (This might be the scariest of them all)


5.  Throw away something every day.  I have so much junk lying around, especially old papers and magazines, and it's time to get organized - especially if I am moving in two months.


6.  Finally, I am going on a Spending Fast.  I desperately want to be out of debt in 2014, and to make that dream a reality, 2013 is going to be a year of living minimally.

I can already tell that 2013 is going to be difficult, but if I really want to be out debt and organized by my 30th birthday, then I need to be serious about my future ... which starts now :)

Friends, are you making any resolutions for 2013?  Any that are particularly scary to you?  Let me know in the comments - we can definitely support each other through the year!

XOXO,
Meg