The Holidays Must Be Coming...

...because I have a "To Make" list that is 24 items long.  OMG I MUST BE OUT OF MY MIND.

To ease the pressure of making things for other people, the lovely Michelle of Will Knit for Food joined me for some selfish fabric shopping two weeks ago.


As you can see, I was very selfish.  

I got two fantastic floral cotton prints out of the remnant pile, and while they needed some serious TLC and a good washing, I'm pretty sure I can pull a dress out of the red rose print and a blouse out of the orange and grey.


This STUNNING gold embossed black satin will be sitting on my shelf for awhile, sadly.  I wanted to make into a dress for our work holiday party, but there just isn't time and I am not going to rush when working with this fabric.  It was the last of the bolt and I don't want to risk it!


In the endless remnant boxes of wonder, I came across a  blue sweater knit and a gray green heather knit - both remnants and both destined to be Renfrews.


 Purple wool crepe and black polyester suiting remnants - enough for two pencil skirts.  


Some grey and black suiting... you can never have too many flattering work pants, amiright?


I grabbed a white polyester remnant and 2 1/2 yards of houndstooth suiting (I totally blame Puu's Door of Time for making me obsessed with houndstooth lately).


BLACK AND GOLD FABRIC, YOU GUYS


which will be made into a classier version of this:

Picture found here

Throwback dress?  Yes, please!  Mine will also cause football teams to lose their cool due to the distracting stripes.


Navy wool suiting and some dark green taffeta - all remnants!   Are you noticing a pattern yet?  Michelle and I went CRAZAY over the remnant boxes.  At $2 a pound, how could we resist?


Teal linen and some fabulous suiting with multi-colored stripes.  I will definitely be making that into a jacket once things calm down a bit.  


Black linen remnant (enough to make a pair of pants for Rob to replace the ones that shrank), and a fantastic piece of animal printed goodness.  I haven't tried my hand at the animal prints, but I am ready to dive into that now!


Eggplant satin and royal blue polyester remnants - these will be blouses if I can make the minimal yardage work for my ample bosom.  


A piece of sheer grey silk and some divinely designed black and white poly knit - again, these remnants are destined to be blouses if I can get the yardage to work.  If not, the black will definitely become a handbag of some sort.  I could totally rock that on my arm with an obnoxious plastic handle.


I managed to stumble across some gold fabric that is designed EXACTLY like this, so I will be remaking that dress into a skirt and top once Spring rolls around again!  I also heard this brown and red plaid calling my name from across a crowded room.  I flew to its side, and made it my own, and now my life won't be lived all alone.

OMG.  So sorry.  There was a ton of South Pacific on my Pandora station last night.  


THERE ARE PONIES ON THIS FABRIC, YOU GUYS.  There are some weird color issues happening, so I'll need to be creative, but I couldn't resist.  PONIES.  Below it is a piece of grey fabric - enough for a blouse or short sleeved shirt for Rob - if I ever make him the two shirts that have already been cut out for him.  But hey, that's what the holidays are for, right???

Speaking of holidays, I must get back to my list!  Are any of you making the majority of gifts this year, friends?  Let me know in the comments!

Have a marvelous day, all!

XOXO,
Meg