The Jersey Knit Bow Blouse

Friends, I love making things out of knit fabric, but for the life of me, I couldn't understand why I had yet to discover a jersey knit bow blouse pattern.  I eventually decided to alter a pattern on my own and see what happened.  I used Simplicity 5645 from 1964 (view 5), some knit fabric I had gotten from Girl Charlee, and after a few hours, my experiment was complete. 


 I absolutely LOVE IT.  I wore it to work today, and it was comfortable, yet professional.  I can dress it up for the office, or dress it down for casual nights out.  It might be the most versatile piece in my wardrobe.


 In order to get the proper fit, I took it in about three inches on each side, took off an inch off of the shoulder, altered the facings and stitched these to encase the tie and neck seams, gathered the sleeve cap, added a cuff to the sleeve, and gathered lower edge of the sleeve.  I kept the darts as the pattern described, and basically followed all the essential directions for construction.  It took approximately three hours from start to finish, so I am definitely seeing more of these in my near future!


The only issue I have is that the cotton jersey is a bit thin, so I'm wearing a nude tank underneath.  This just adds to the snuggle factor - I am swathed in jersey wonderfulness.

Friends, have you ever altered a pattern for knits?  Let me know in the comments!

XOXO, Meg