September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day

Friends, when I was a senior in college, my brother Sean killed himself.  He was 35 years old.


He left behind his parents, his siblings, his friends, and his two bright and fantastic children that my family adores. 

If you or someone you know is thinking of suicide call 800-273-TALK, or click here for resources. 

If you are feeling depressed, please know you are NOT alone.  We all struggle sometimes, but please know that you always have somewhere to turn.  As Jenny the Bloggess says:

But for today let’s talk about the positives.  Let’s talk about why we’re still here.  Let’s talk about the words that help us get through.  Let’s talk about the pictures and places and songs that saved us, because maybe they can save others.

The words I remember to get me through hard times:

“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – CS Lewis

Much love and many hugs to all of you,
Meg