Chic at the Shows: Day One

I'm going to attempt to recap each day at the Spring 2013 shows at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.  We'll see how far I get due to exhaustion and lack of time.  But I can tell you what happened on Day One.  I missed my first two shows for various reasons.  I managed to get some work out of the way before getting dressed in my J.Crew Collection dress that is actually much greener in person than it looks here.  I accessorized with my favorite Roger Vivier sandals, black Birkin, simple jewelry, Tom Ford sunglasses, and Belle du Jour hair.  I was definitely channeling the 1960's and the Upper East Side. 

It was my first time attending Chadwick Bell and I already want to order a few of his dresses including this acid green draped dress with sheer back.  I didn't take my big Canon today because I didn't think I was sitting anywhere to get good shots.  That of course meant that I had a great seat due to the interesting runway set up.  Lesson learned. 

This deep green silk georgette version had sleeves.  I'm obsessed with dresses with sleeves. The theme of the Spring 2013 collection from Chadwick Bell was austerity and adornment creating a juxtaposition, the Southwest, the vastness of the desert, and the journey to Nirvana. The colors were just perfection too. Chadwick Bell is definitely a designer to watch. 

It was while waiting for the show to begin that the fashion week Gods smiled down on me and I received my confirmation for Carolina Herrera.  I die. 

Then it was straight into Tadashi Shoji.  This is the view from my seat where I also learned that my twitter account reached 20,000 followers!  Thanks to everyone who likes to read my ridiculous tweets!

None of my iPhone photos came out so I am borrowing this one from my friend Blue Carreon of Style Intel.  I loved all the lace dresses at Tadashi Shoji including this cerulean blue, as well as others in terracotta, paprika, blue lagoon, desert bloom, nude, black, and pale iris.  

Monika Chiang had a packed presentation.  I loved the all the green pieces.  

And of course all the orange in the spring 2013 collection.  

I also ran into designer Chris Benz who was on hand for an eBay event.  He said he liked my uptown lady look and reminded me that his mom reads my blog.  (Hi Mrs. Benz!)  I can't wait for his show on Monday.  I think Chris is the next great American designer! 

Afterward, my friend Blue and I headed out to grab a little pick me up.  When we got to 65th Street, we saw a hoard of paparazzi surrounding a taxi.  We couldn't tell who was in it until the occupant rolled down the window to let them get a shot.  I let out a squeal "It's Pippa!" which she heard and then smiled at me and Blue. It's going to take a lot this week to top our Pippa Middleton moment.  Oh, and her book Celebrate comes out the same day as mine on October 30, 2012.  Please buy them both! 

I skipped out on all the Fashion's Night Out hoopla because frankly it's too insane for me. Instead, I took some time to catch up on emails and read all the days news.  The best part of fashion week is getting The Daily at the tents. 

Now for the magic question, what do I wear tomorrow?!  

All photos by me via instagram except where noted.