A Refashioned Butterfly Tee

Friends, I have been sewing up a storm lately, but haven't had a ton of time to photograph my projects.  When Rob and I had a few minutes while dinner was cooking, I grabbed him to take some pictures of my latest refashion.

As you know, Mama Grand has been passing along some of my grandmother's items to me, and amongst the clothes was this stained shirt:


Stains ... and butterflies!  How could I resist the challenge?
 

I cut the shirt apart, and using the Colette Sorbetto pattern, I put it back together. So ... this is basically a knit Sorbetto with the original sleeves trimmed to a cuter shape.


I eliminated the collar altogether, but reattached the waistband to add some length.  I'm not looking for a belly shirt, so I threw a tank top under it for photos.  I'm trying to be a little more classy...
 

Totally classy.
 

...or was that gassy?


Definitely sassy.
 

You're probably wondering where the stains went.  I made the front of the shirt into the back (I love doing that), cut out the stains and made a center back seam. Boom! Stains removed and I didn't even need to whip out my Shout stick.
 

Now I have a fabulous butterfly tee that works perfectly into my Fall palette!  I'll get around to posting my complete palette one of these days ... once I figure out how to make one of those mood board things.

Thank you all for your fabulous knitting encouragement! I had to frog my little piece today - I didn't like how tight the cast on was, and then I frogged again when I started knitting with the tail. I had no idea how to fix that mistake so I just destroyed it.  So far I'm on my sixth row, but I'm feeling more and more solid as I go.

Also, thank you for all of your tips with dealing with weevils! We are definitely using our plastic containers and we threw the rice in the freezer as soon as we got home. As soon as we find bay leaves, I'm going to be whipping up more sachets.  Overkill?  Totally, but I don't want to worry about the little jerks for at least another year.

You guys are the best :)

Have a great night, all!