30:60 Projects 21 & 22: UNDERGOODIES

I really like the word "undergoodies."  I'm pretty sure I just pulled a Shakespeare and made that up.  No matter what you call it, I have been focused on my lower half the last few days.  After seeing so many adventurous sewists create their own knickers, I thought it was high time for me to try it as well.

For Project 21, I whipped out McCall's 5651 (I am totally lame for needing a pattern for basic undies - I admit it - but my first "copied" pairs were a big ol' fail).  I made versions B, C, and D - I was feeling VERY adventurous, apparently!

Versions C and D were made with some scrap t-shirt scraps (same t-shirt that was used for cushioning my insoles) and some scrap lace that I got months and months ago.  You can see view B here as the fabulous Drama Queen knickers - these were pieced together at the side seams; the tank top didn't have the width that was needed to cover my bottom.  Not that I'm complaining - I totally love my bottom, especially when it has "Drama Queen" written across it.


 For Project 22, I was on a roll and looking for more comfortable undergoodies ... so I decided to make myself some more mini bloomers, as I love to wear mine while sleeping.  I made this set out of my trusty grey sheet set that has last me FOREVER.  With only a few scraps of the sheets left, I will make a patchwork seat cushion ... but that's a project for another day.


You can see where I needed to piece these together to cut out the pattern.  I'm glad I attempted to make these with scraps as I am wearing them right now and they are just as comfy as I had hoped!  Yay jersey sheets!


Friends, do you make your own undergoodies?  Do you have multiple sets of mini-bloomers floating around your home as well?  Let me know in the comments!