30:60 Project 9: The Girly Gingham Blouse

First of all, thank you so so much for all of your wonderful comments on my Promaballoona post!  Rob and I were enjoying reading all of the comments together and we really appreciate all of the kind things you darlings wrote!  Thank you thank you!

Now, that I have turned back into a pumpkin, it's time to get back on track with 30:60.  It looks like August will be filled with 22 posts!  What's even more awesome is that Kat is scrap busting as well - I think I might need to make an appliance cord for my iron asap.  I should probably make five of everything at this point since I now have all the scraps from my grandmother's stash to work through as well - eep!  I had to spend a few days finding space for all the new bits and pieces before I could do any crafting.  The sewing space has never been so organized!

I kept one large scrap piece of fabric aside to make a little something adorable for Rob's niece.  She is 3 years old and cute as a button - she definitely needs some cute things made for her.  After scouring the Internet for patterns for little girls, I found the "It's a Party Blouse" from Too Sweets Patterns.  Perfect!  It would also make a cute sleeveless blouse for Jojo if I decided to eliminate the ruffles.  This time, however, I decided the ruffles needed to happen.

I grabbed the pink gingham and got to work.  I worked quickly with the Olympics in the background (OMG NBC - your commentators are working so hard to create sound bites for history.  Please make them stop.)  I finished right as the US Women got gold in gymnastics - hooray!  Victory all around.


A great pattern with clear, illustrated instructions - I definitely recommend it for anyone who is sewing for girls up to 5T.  I think it turned out perfectly for Jojo - hopefully her mom thinks so, too!

Friends, have you ever sewn for young children?  Are there any patterns you would recommend? 

Have an amazing day, all!  And can you believe it's August already?!  Where does the time go?

XOXO, Meg