30:60 Project 16: The Project That Wasn't Meant to Be

So...I'm home sick today with a migraine that turned into flu-like feelings.  I'm 99% sure it's from the weather suddenly changing into cooler temps - I'm more sensitive to that than I would like to admit.  I finally crawled out of bed at 1:00pm and I thought maybe I needed to make myself something quick for a little TLC.  I pulled out my old sewing calender box and flipped through for something that involved awesome smelling lavender and something I could put on my achy body. 

I settled on an aromatherapy eye pillow.  The original design is via Lauren Brandy at Goody Goody.


I wasn't feeling very motivated, but I was excited that it seemed so easy.  I got my fabrics together and stitched it all up.  The problem came when I went to get the rice that I was going to put in with the lavender.

Me: "Honey?"

Rob: "Yeah?"

Me: "There are bugs in the rice..."

Rob: "Oh no..."

Me: "I think we have weevils again."

And sure enough, we have weevils again.  We had to throw out an entire cabinet full of bread, cereal, rice, and chips. None of it could be considered edible since the bugs are so small and we didn't want to risk finding any surprises when we were eating things out of open bags.  

We're tabling this project for now until we can go to the grocery again ... and until we are sure that all of those crazy weevils have been eliminated.

Friends - do you know of any good ways to keep weevils out of your grains and cabinets?  If so, we would love to hear them!  We haven't had this problem since the remodel, and we would rather it did not become a regular occurrence.

I hope you are all doing well where you are!

XOXO, Meg