The 30:60 Challenge


My friends, I am guilty of hoarding every single scrap of fabric that comes into my possession. 
I just cannot bear to waste any pieces of fabric that might be remotely useful down the road - what if I make a quilt or decide to stuff a pillow?  Those little pieces would surely come in handy then!

Well, the situation has gotten a little out of control.  

I now have Army sized duffel bags full of scraps for various projects around the sewing area.  The sewing area also doubles as Rob's office, so while he has been incredibly patient with my fabric hoarding, he deserves to have a clean space.  I work better with an organized space as well.  I cannot tell you how many patterns or notions have gone missing in the last several weeks!  This must stop, and so, I've come up with a new challenge for myself:

The 30:60 Challenge

30 crafts made in 60 days.  All from scraps.  

Now, I can choose to make more items, but I cannot make less.  I need to finish the random projects floating around in my head and get rid of those bits of fabric that are floating around my sewing machine.  I am absolutely determined to get some crazy amounts of scrap sewing accomplished this month, and still complete the Sew Weekly challenges. 

To begin, I started off with a project that was sitting pinned on my sewing table and that I was constantly moving around the room to get out of my way.  

#1: Lavender Sachets


These were the extra bits of fabric left over from the last session of Chicago Social Sewing, and it was time to get them completed.  I am almost out of lavender, which is fine with me, since that huge one pound bag has been lurking in the corner for several weeks.


Hooray!  More room on my sewing table and my t-shirts and work out clothes are getting a lovely bit of scent added to them naturally.

I am super excited about getting started with this challenge - and I'm sure Rob is, too!

Friends, how do you deal with scraps of fabric?  Are you a hoarder like moi?  Let me know in the comments - I'm eager to hear how you handle scrap busting!

XOXO Meg