It's Promaballoona!!

Friends, it is the lovely Oona's birthday week, so you know it must be time for Promaballoona!  The most epic prom/birthday gathering across the interwebs - this is a fact.

I'm totally ready.


Handsome date, are you ready?


In order to be prepared to celebrate darling Oona, I needed a dress that was very "her."  So, when I saw peacock fabric at the Textile Discount Outlet, I grabbed it and waited.  And waited.  And waited.  I've had this fabric for six months just waiting to properly honor my friend.

The day has arrived, I think.


I used Butterick 4919 as the pattern for this dress.  Many many thanks to Miss Crayola Creepy for hosting a giveaway for this pattern and sending it on to me - I finally had the perfect chance to use it!


I paired the dress with my navy blue crinoline.  It swishes delightfully and makes walking that much more entertaining.


But this is an occasion that doesn't call for any normal walking... it calls for strutting, like a peacock, in all of our glory!


And dancing.  Proms have lots of dancing.


And canoodling.  I'm sure there is lots of canoodling at proms, even if the revelers today don't know what that means.  (Apparently, it also means eating noodles in a canoe.  Who knew?)


Prom revelers today do know how to be romantic, I'm sure ... or how to puff out their significant other's cheeks when they kiss. 


And I'm sure they also know how to help each other out when one is wearing wedges and there is a particularly high ledge.  


But those revelers today need to be more aware of possible wardrobe malfunctions.  Holy cannoli - we might have to fix that neckline.


Proms usually involve game playing, like "my date is a total creeper and I'll be dancing in the bathroom" or "my neckline is a bit shady so I will hide behind this tree."


Something new today at prom: texting.  OMG OONA.  2 Much Fun!


Proms are excuses for dressing up and feeling glamorous, a day to step into a fairytale closet ...


and come out with a fierce, date eating monster who wears a tux.


Prom has candid kisses and soft lighting..


and dates who find that eating your nose is an acceptable way to show affection.


Glamorous people must have somewhere to go that is also glamorous!  The Art Institute of Chicago will work just fine.


It has many settings for pictures...


and many animals for playing...


LOTS of playing. 


Ah, but prom is winding down.  We are no longer eighteen and wild...


Well, we're no longer eighteen, at least.


Ah, Promaballoona, the event we've been looking forward to for so long, and are so glad we could attend!


We definitely jumped for joy at being included in this fabulous celebration, as we both love that Oona!


And, just for the sake of being a tiny bit traditional, we give you a normal prom posed photo.  I would say the backdrop is much better this time around.


Happy Birthday to YOU, darling Oona, you fabulous woman you :)


We will see you soon - I promise! 


XOXOXO and much love, Meg



*Many, many thanks to my spectacular friend, Mina, for taking these amazing photos!*