Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, my friends!!  Here are the things I am loving this week:

This video is the best thing on the internet right now:


This article on a percussionist preparing for his audition with the Boston Symphony Orchestra was FASCINATING. 

Kestrel has some amazing tips for setting up a sewing plan - I printed these out and put them in my sewing room almost immediately.

I am huge fan of Design Sponge's Living In series, and they recently picked one of my favorite Rom-Com's ever.  Robert Downey, Jr. - I love you like whoa.

Apparently, our jobs aren't as bad as we thought, especially when compared with a "tosher" in 1840's London.

I love Lladybird's dress with a fiery, fiery passion.

I am a big fan of infographics, and "How to Be the Most Organized Person in the World" might be one of the best I've seen.  


Sarah is going to the Olympics as a weightlifter for Team USA and has been writing a blog about her experience.  Her post on the lack of women's sizing in the Olympic Games Outfits is pretty incredible reading - I cannot recommend it enough.

Madalynne offers some stellar tips on correcting armhole balance- definitely good to know!

Sally from Already Pretty has great ideas on using the golden ratio when getting dressed for the day.  Who knew math could be so useful? :)


Threads Magazine has a very useful feature on how to enlarge a pattern that was created on a smaller scale.


Friends, there may be a bit of radio silence the next few days.  As it is my favorite time of year (the time of year when I can buy myself goodies and chalk them up as birthday presents to myself), I will be locked away in the sewing room allllllll weekend.  Someone just bought herself a good deal of fabric as a lovely present and someone else was like, "But you can't fit all that you have into the fabric closet NOW." And so, the original someone will be working to make room as quickly as possible - the goal right now is to cut out 10 projects (of various sizes) tonight.  Oh yeah, feeling a little crazy.  It must be the onslaught of the mystical birthday powers that come this time of year. 

Have a great weekend, all!