30:60 Project 7: The Necessary Sewing Headband

Friends, I desperately need a haircut.  My bangs are no longer bangs but now itchy things that tickle my nose and won't tuck behind my ear. Nothing makes me crazier faster than my nose being tickled and my hands not being free to satisfy the itch.  This ALWAYS happens when I am washing dishes, and lately it's been happening when I sew. When I am sewing, I cannot handle things blocking my view of what I am doing. I needed a scrappy solution.

I grabbed the leftover bits of a t-shirt, zeroed in on this tutorial via Pinterest, and whipped a scrappy headband up in about ten minutes:


I strayed from the tutorial and stitched down all of my pieces - I did not use any glue because I don't have any glue.  I am getting a glue gun from Mama Grand for my birthday - I think she is trying to make up for not letting Papa Grand buy me a bullhorn.  I really wanted a bullhorn.  (Just checked: they are on sale at Amazon AND qualify for Super Saver Shipping.  Dangerous, very dangerous...)


My headband may not be as colorful, but it does the trick quite nicely.  Eventually, the t-shirt I am wearing will be thrown into the scrap pile and might become a headband as well- but it's still looking pretty snazzy after being in the family for 22 years.

Friends, scrappy headbands - yay or nay?