30:60 Project 4: Denim Bowl

Friends, my sewing table has been a bit of a mess lately with all the things I keep piling on it.  I decided I would prefer to have everything in one place, instead of having several containers cluttering up my table.  Because I have not been throwing away any pieces of denim from old pairs of jeans, I decided it was time to try and make something out of that pile.



Gathering denim is quite the pain, take it from me!  I used old bed sheet scraps for the inside and some bird fabric for the binding.  I have enough bird fabric scraps left for a pincushion, and I do love being matchy-matchy :) Overall, it took about 1 1/2 hours to make - no time at all, really!  Just finished the third season of Buffy while making it - based on all of your comments, I am really looking forward to the rest of the seasons! 

Friends, how do you organize your sewing table? Let me know in the comments!