30:60 Project 2: Bow Clutches

Friends, I have made bow clutches for several of my friends (using this amazing tutorial via Elm Street Life), but I've never made one for myself...
so I overcompensated and made two for myself.  Yay scrapbusting!

In the true spirit of Independence Day, I made a red, white, and blue denim version:


 The lining fabric will be making another appearance on the blog soon - it's going to be epic and a bit frightening.


I also made one with a bit more color on the outside, and some rocking cloud fabric on the inside:
 

I've been hanging onto this scrap of plaid FOREVER.  I'm extremely excited that I've managed to fill a gap in my small handbag/purse collection and used a favorite scrap. 
 

Since making these bags, I've had several "requests" from more friends for their own clutches.  These would make great birthday presents, I think!
 

I managed to make these during a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon (don't judge me - I've never seen it before and am totally hooked). Most of my scrap projects are being completed with some Joss Whedon dialogue in the background, so the time is just flying by :)

I would definitely recommend this project if you have larger scrap pieces, but I bet patchwork clutches would be completely adorable, too!

XOXO,
Meg