Sew Weekly Challenge: Crepe Dress from Colette Patterns!

This week's challenge involved creating a dress from Colette Patterns....
and I chose the Crepe dress, because who could resist Version 2 with its sweetheart neckline and contrasting sash?


I was crazy sick this weekend, so I hunkered down on Saturday in front of my machine and churned this dress out.  From cutting to finishing, it took me about six hours.  This pattern was FABULOUS.  Friends, I cannot tell you enough how thorough the directions and images were - I will definitely be making this dress again.

For the time being though, I had some fun flowery fabric that had been in my stash and begging for use...

I am seriously in love with this neckline.


and the back turned out much better than expected!  When you hear about a dress wrapping in the back, you may be skeptical like me, but it is wonderful!


I like how the row of flowers form a V.  I cannot say I consciously did that because I was under the influence of medicine, but I am so glad it turned out the way it did.


Extreme close up of the fabric...orange is my signature color.


 A final pose - I felt like I needed a cup of tea and a curtsy to complete the look.  The cup of tea was nearby as I am not the most graceful person.


Have any of you sewn anything from the Colette Patterns collection??