A Roman Holiday!

This week, I went on a Roman Holiday and made an outfit like the lovely Audrey Hepburn's...

Oh no!  I don't know how to drive my vespa!


Using the pattern below, Butterick 5285,


I made a pleated skirt out of an old sheet I had lying around.  It's a lovely eggplant color, so I wasn't about to get rid of it even though I no longer had a bed that it would fit.


The skirt is crazy comfortable, as is the blouse, which I made from my boyfriend's cast off shirt.  I took off the pocket with embroidered initials and altered the sleeves to be more feminine...


I added some ribbon detailing around the cuff of the sleeve, just for fun...or just to cover up some really wonky stitching...


What movies are you inspired by, friends?  Let me know in the comments - I'd love to hear!