Sew Weekly Challenge: Blue Floral Fabric

For many years, I have been wanting to make the dress for this challenge.  I had the fabric, I had the pattern...but I was scared and did not want to mess up my one chance with this beautiful fabric.

I didn't want to back down on the challenge, so I got out the pattern...

 

And made the dress at last...


 I am in love with this dress, even if it is see through and I had to shorten a slip specifically for it.


It's really fun to spin in as well!

Before I made the blue floral dress, I created this lovely number from the same pattern...

I call it my "Mad Men" dress, because I think Joan Holloway would rock this color.


I put on my sassy face for this picture.

And I finally finished another dress that had been hanging onto my mannequin, Emmy, for far too long...


And it came out something like this...I don't know why it looks like I am in pain because the dress is actually very comfortable!


The back neck needs fixing, but I may wait until closer to summer for that...

And now, for a much needed break and a treat of popcorn and m&ms!