Fall-O-Ween Day 4: Textures


Wow, we're on day 4 of the blog hop. Are you having lots of fun? The ladies so far have done an amazing job, don't you think? Gudrun, Sandy and Roseann designed some wonderful projects for you. Today we have the lovely Kari Carr leading the way on the topic of textures. Go to her blog. Check out her thoughts on textures of fall and her wonderful design especially for you. If you are making the projects, you can post yours here.

Thank you for writing your great comments. I read each and every one of them and so do my kids. They think that you're awesome!! They asked me if these were written by all of my friends? Of course, I replied!  


I love all of the textures that you see when fall rolls around. I love the persimmons, pumpkin farms, the apple trees, haystacks, twigs and trees. My friends Dar and Bob have the most awesome property. There's a stream running through the property and a foot bridge. You can click here to see some photos of their property. Beautiful, right? 


I also love how my local shops dress up their storefronts. I'm so lucky to live in such a funky little town. Green's & Beans Floral Studio is one of my favorite spots. 




The Write Touch is a beautiful shop with all sorts of gorgeous handmade cards. [Did I ever tell you that paper is actually my first love? I designed handmade cards before handmade cards were popular.]


The sunlight that shines through the leaves on our walk to school is so happy and bright.


Fall is all about knitting for me too. I recently contributed a design to this lovely book. 





Most of you who have followed me on this blog or on Facebook know that I love to photograph flowers for enjoyment and for my website. You can check my website for the latest photographs.




Take your camera and go out this weekend. See what sort of textures inspire you. It's a nice little exercise to boost your creativity and it's thoroughly enjoyable.

Did you catch me on Creative Mojo with Mark Lipinski? We had fun and he ate my cranberry-banana loaf [even though he and Jeff are on a no sugar diet]! When I walked in, he gave me a stack of stuff so that I could prep for my visit. I went through articles on the increasing cost of cotton, Joe Cunningham and Amy Sedaris' books, the pattern that he is cross stitching right now,  and a few magazines. I haven't studied this hard since my last organic chemistry test in university! Funny thing, when I walked downstairs I saw a familiar face. I don't know Amara very well but the hoarding expert's son and my son are in the same class. How funny!! Then I sat down for the first segment. It was interesting and fun. I sat out for the next few segments and then back for the last segment. By the time we were finished it was getting late, we chatted and then the guests said our good-byes. Thanks, Mark, Jeff and Taryn!  You can download the program on iTunes or www.toginet.com. I will have a drawing today for a signed copy of the current [and his first as editor] Fabric Trends magazine. All you have to do is make a comment.
Here's a view of his "green" room where I sat and looked read over the stuff that he gave me. 


Yes, he is actually working on this piece which may take him 27 years to do. It's called, "And They Sinned" and I believe that it is about 4 feet long.


Here's the signed copy ready for one winner!


Don't forget to visit the other designer's blogs to see what they're up to today! Gudrun, Sandy, Roseann, Kari, Terry, Heather, Terri, Carrie, and Pat
See you tomorrow!! xo, L