Projects and more projects...

Hello hello! Welcome to my blog. Currently I'm working hard on my 2010 resolution to sew or craft everyday. I figured I should start a blog in order to better chronicle the work I'm doing, as well as offer handy tutorials for those who are big on crafting (or just looking for something to occupy a rainy Saturday). Here are some images of the work I've been doing:




This is a Doctor Who scarf, worn initially by the wonderful Tom Baker. I'm still in the (very) beginning stages of learning how to knit, and so, this one was crocheted. Halfway through the pattern, my boyfriend decided he finally wanted his Christmas present (in February) and I ended it at a grand length of 21' 8".






















I made these fingerless gloves/mittens in about two hours out of a sweater that had seen better days (tutorial coming soon).



The sweater before...










The sweater gloves with mitten attachment and cuffs rolled down.

With mitten attachment buttoned back onto cuffs.




Since my "sewing studio" is really my boyfriend's guest bathroom, I have to keep my storage mobile and compact. I made a roll for my scissors, seam ripper, measuring tape, etc. It travels well! I based the pattern off of one I found in "One Yard Wonders" by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins.











My new yoga bag (made with leftover orange fabric because I love orange)













I found some really fantastic Celtic-ish military buttons for this corduroy coat. It definitely doesn't look like a hand-me-down anymore.










I have a hand-me-down shirt that was too tight in some areas, but I loved the writing on the back. I decided to make a tote bag out of it. Here is me modeling my final product (tutorial coming soon)













I made an elephant for my boyfriend's niece's 1st birthday. I used this fantastic pattern from "One Yard Wonders" by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins and some pink flannel I had leftover from another project. I really loved the end result.