Old Decade. New Decade.




Wow. 2010.
Over the holidays, I relaxed and enjoyed the time off but my mind is always thinking and dreaming. I had time to think about the past 10 years and to start dreaming about the next 10 years.



I thought about the big events in my life in the past 10 years. [Pardon me for coming across as vain, I'm not trying to. This exercise is necessary for me in order to be able to process things and to put things into perspective.]:

* I had my first, beautiful baby boy
* I had my second, beautiful baby boy
* I celebrated a lot of years of marriage with my guy
* I lost my father, grandmother, father-in-law and uncle in a year
* I wrote a bunch of books on quilting, knitting and scrapbooking
* I was profiled by American Patchwork & Quilting
* I designed a lot of magazine projects
* I designed a lot of fabric for Henry Glass Fabrics
* I appeared on Quilt Out Loud!
* I met and worked with many wonderful people in this industry
* I went to Quilt Market many, many times and had loads of fun
* I met a lot of wonderful people like you via my blog, website and Facebook

I laughed and cried, and succeeded and failed. I came out a stronger, wiser and better person. I am lucky!






What about the next 10 years? I'm not exactly sure yet but I know that I am ready for more. More of what I'm not quite decided. Still thinking. I've spent the last little while trying to forcast in my mind the direction that I want to take my design work. I've started to refresh my inspiration wall too.  I do know one thing though, I've got a lot of excitement in my body and that's a great feeling. Now, I've got to get to it! I hope that you will stick around for more adventures with me. xo, L