HHDD #24: Pesto! The Round Up!

I know we are all in the middle of one sort of a rush or another. The holidays are coming up (or here already for some of us), year end reports and performance reviews are shaking a stick at us, and we are each trying to get as much done before 2008 finally draws to a close (and before the Big Holiday Dinner is upon us oh my!). I leave for the southern shores of this archipelago on tomorrow and, as you can imagine, I am trying to get a 101-item to-do list done before I go. But this weekend I carved out a bit of time for me to go over these fantastic pesto recipes you all managed to send my way despite the crazy days! :) Looking at all your gorgeous entries for Hay Hay it's Donna Day: Pesto was wonderfully therapeutic and did much to revive my sagging energy! Thank you to all those you participated!

My former Southeast Asia neighbor, now globe-trotting friend Bordeaux, of Marita Says puts my favorite herb, cilantro, on pesto duty with this Cilantro Pesto! Served on some fish tacos which I think is just the perfect way to have them! :)







Bron of Bronmarshall.com stuck with the basic rough chop pesto recipe I posted and tossed it with some New Jersey Benne Potatoes, and served that with pan-fried Akaroa Salmon and a simple garden salad. Doesn't that sound like a delicious meal? :) Easy to throw together too!






From The Constables' Larder, Giff whips up some Arugula Pesto and uses it to top a delicious Lentil and Ham Soup! I love how brightly green the pesto looks agaist the lentils! And I love arugula! Must try this soon :)






Suzana from Home Gourmets makes a Rough Chop Rocket Pesto...rocket/arugula...I'm such a happy camper here! :) She tops a lovely White Bean Soup with the pesto for a warming dinner on a chilly night!







These pretty little tarts are brought to us by Ilva of the fabulously photographed Lucullian Delights. Check out her Puff Pastry Baskets with Artichoke and Pesto Filling but don't go on an empty stomach! They look and sound absolutely delicious!







Bee of Jugalbandi makes a brilliant Basil and Almond Pesto -- look at that wonderful color! Bee also shares a lot of pesto making tips...I definitely took notes! :) Thanks Bee!






Manali at Cravings shares her Sun Dried Tomato Pesto that looks just mouth-watering on some penne pasta! This is one pesto I have yet to try making...very soon I'm sure as this entry has me craving! ;)



Sarina at the TriniGourmet makes a Blanched Basil Pesto...now, I have never blanched my basil when making pesto but it certainly sounds like an interesting technique! This step is suppose to preserve the color and soften the punch of flavor as well. Thanks for sharing this entry Sarina! :)


Tartasacher of the blog Mil Postres (love the name!) joins this round with a sweet pesto!!! Yay I say! And you thought pesto was only for savories? Well, take a look at this Panna Cotta with Sweet Pesto and Raspberry Sauce and be convinced otherwise!


The lovely Meeta of What's For Lunch Honey? has got me drooling over her Sun Dried Tomato and Purple Basil Pesto -- doesn't it sound so colorful? :) And the perfect light meal amidst all this holiday feasting!







Zaira of La Cocina de Zaira makes some Egg Noodles with Walnut Pesto and Sbrinz Cheese. I love experimenting with different nuts and cheeses in pesto so this has definitely got the wheels in my head turning :)




And here's my original entry...Donna's Rough Chop Basil Pesto! I loved discovering this rustic, no-processor way to make pesto, both for it's ease and for it's robust flavor. Thank you Donna! :)








So there you have it friends! The round up for Hay Hay it's Donna Day: Pesto! Hope you enjoy going over these recipes as much as I did :) Now it's time to vote! Voting begins now and will go on until Tuesday, December 23. Votes can be emailed to eighty_breakfasts(AT)yahoo(DOT)com. I will post the winner after the Christmas holidays!

Now I'm off to Davao (down south...lovely beaches, amazing seafood!) for a wedding! Looking forward to fun times, good food, and some (much-deserved!) R&R :) I'll see you (and your votes) when I get back! :)