Inspiration For A Day

I was working in Manhattan yesterday. I love going into the city but I wouldn't want to do it everyday. For one thing, the daily four hours that it would take me to commute back and forth would kill me. I have friends who do it daily. That's why holidays are great. Yesterday it was Columbus Day. So, while there was still some traffic, most of it was smooth sailing. It only took me 50 mins. from door to door.


The fabric company is located in a great place in the heart of the garment district. Right around the corner of the offices are two of my favorite stores, Tinsel Trading and M&J Trimming. The ribbons, trims and other little decorative things are so special.

Right outside of the office building where Henry Glass is located, is a gorgeous flower shop. I can't remember the name of it but it is at 37th and 6th Ave. The colors are gorgeous aren't they? Sorry the photos are lousy. I can't believe that I forgot my camera! I had to use the one on my phone.


When we were finished lunch and the meeting, there was a lot of traffic from the finish of the Columbus Day Parade so I decided to walk a couple of blocks to Kinokuniya. Don't you just love the cover of this one?


I only got a quick glance of the books because I started feeling sick [I've been battling a bad cold all week] and I also had to leave by 4 p.m. or else I'd get stuck in traffic.

I just love the buzz that I feel when I go into the city. It's refreshing and invigorating. Everything's within a few blocks of each other so it's like a major shot of creative adrenaline.


Oh, the grittiness is pretty cool too. xo,L