Strawberry Lemonade

Today's the last day of school! Yahoo! I'm feeling a bit sad too because it was a good year and I don't really want it to end. There will be a "moving on" ceremony and a school picnic today. Crazy me decided to stay up and cut three 1/2 yard pieces of fabric as gifts for each kid in the class. Only difficulty, Big A is in a multiage class and there are 42 kids in the class. It was done and I'm a bit tired but I know they'll love it. I donated some leftovers and remnants this year and the kids had a ball with the stack. They made these funky headbands with beads and they cut up the fabric to make other goodies. How cool is that?
Fabric Trends [Summer 2008]did a wonderful job of showcasing my Gardenia fabric [www.henryglassfabrics.com]. I designed and made this quilt a while back but when I look at the quilt now makes me smile. It's so happy and vibrant. Perfect for a picnic I think. xo, L