Yay! I rock!

back to schoolI rock! At least according to my dear, dear friend Christine (Nena to me) of Ramblings from a Gypsy Soul who thought I deserved this Rockin’ Girl Blogger badge :) I am honored and extremely flattered. Especially because I happen to think Nena is one rockin’ girl herself! Her travel adventures which she journals in her blog never fail to inspire. Any place she visits, she goes with wide open eyes and an open heart, ready and determined to experience all it has to offer, as fully as she can. Then she comes home and tells us all about it in her inimitable style through her captivating posts. And if that wasn’t enough to be rockin’, she also whips up delicious dishes. Believe me, I have tried her cooking so I know :)

So, Nena, back at ya girl! You rock!!!

Here are a few others who continuously prove to me that girls rock:

Barbara of Winos and Foodies – I’ve been reading Barbara’s blog for quite some time now and she is incredible! Even when tough times come her way she remains a force to be reckoned with, a great lady with such positive energy one can only hope is contagious. She shares herself generously with her readers (and the community beyond!) through her colorful posts and by creating (my favorite!!!) events like Hay Hay it’s Donna Day and A Taste of Yellow (for cancer awareness).

Veron of Veronica’s Test Kitchen – From giving us loads of wonderful recipes annotated with her diligent notes (you cannot go wrong I tell you!), to a chart explaining how many layers there are in puff pastry, to sweating it out in CIA bootcamp, this girl is everywhere, doing everything! And she rocks at facing her kitchen fears! Bravo :)

Ari of Baking and Books – Juggling a number of jobs and projects, posting mouth-watering recipes, interviewing cookbook authors, reviewing books…it’s all in a day’s work for this dynamo! Her full life is something I aspire to :)

Freya of Writing at the Kitchen Table – Freya’s (ok Paul you share in this too!) posts are a pleasure to read. Never mind that the dishes make me so hungry that I have to root around my cupboard for something to eat at 12 midnight, her clever wit and addictive storytelling had me all-ears from the first time a came across her blog. Never fails to put a smile on my face!

Ivonne of Cream Puffs in Venice – What would food blogging be without this charming Cream Puff? The amount of deliciousness that pours from her blog is mind-boggling! She has also done interviews and featured cookbooks, so there is always something new that keeps readers coming back for second helpings :) And she is also starting her own baking business! You go girl!

I never cease to be amazed by the amount of fabulous women that I have come across through blogging. Aside from the talented ladies above, a number of them Nena already mentioned (check out her rockin’ girls!), and there are many more out there if only I had the space and time! A hug to all the girls out there! You rock and don’t let anyone tell you different! :)