My Yummy Pantry Essentials

(((blush))) I have news! At first, I wasn’t sure if I was going to post this (shuffle, shuffle), but if there is anyone I would like to share this bit news with, it is the good people who actually visit my little corner of the cyber-world. So here goes: this month, your’s truly is part of a feature in Yummy Magazine on pantry essentials! Yes, me and four other food lovers (just us regular people that love to cook) share what we (have been hiding) think is important to have in stock.

Yummy is a relatively new food magazine; this is only its fourth issue. So far, I have been happy with what I find between its covers. It has a fresh and contemporary vibe that I like, clean and hip food styling, and smart features.

So if you'd like to see what I like to hide in my larder, you can grab a copy at the newsstand. If not, there are lots of other interesting things to peruse. I know I’m going to be checking out:

  • The shopping guide to our urban markets and specialty stores
  • The gourmet take on bangus (milkfish) by fellow foodblogger Anne of Eat Bagnus (I love bangus!)
  • The grilled tuna belly recipe
  • “Your Budget, Chef’s Recipe” – Top local chefs prepare menus and share recipes based on readers’ needs and budgets
  • Braised Pork Hocks Wrapped in Bamboo Leaves (oh yeah)
  • The feature on the M Café Jazz Brunch – Something that I have been wanting to try!

Ok, enough tooting! But do support a local food magazine today! :)