Everyone's Back to School

I can't believe that we're into September already!

I have had an incredible summer. The only thing that would make it better is high-speed internet access. The big trip of the summer - Waikiki. So beautiful and luscious. Fabulous. It would be great to come here for a month or so every time I have a book to write. The only thing that was difficult was the length of the flight.


I loved the contrast between the green and the drabness of the wood in the photo above. It was worth renting a car and driving around the island. The beaches are gorgeous there and the flowers and postcard perfect pictures are inspiring.

The surfboards were so cool looking on the beach. The sky and water were two different shades of blue.



I just love the colors on the island and the scenary is beautiful. I took these photos of the flowers just walking down the street!

Equally fabulous was the time that I spent at home in Canada. Always fun. I love to go to The Knit Cafe in Toronto and hang out. You get to meet the most interesting people in this funky little shop. I sat there for an afternoon chatting with Iwona and some of her customers. She's the manager of the shop and has a really funky soul. Her designs are always outside the box but in an edgey sort of way. I am making a scarf and a blanket that she designed. I also bought some Fleece Artist. Cool fibers.

I went to visit my grandmother in Pembroke [near Ottawa]. I love going up there to relax and to see her. The drive up there is always relaxing and beautiful. It makes her really happy to have visitors.


I just finished my first knitting book with Leisure Arts. I think that it will be available next March. It was fun but challenging because I could only use certain yarns. The projects include purses, belts and scarves. My Christmas Decor book should be out about then. I will let you know when exactly because publishing dates change all of the time. I had a really fun time designing the holiday projects and I am sure that you'll love to make them for yourselves or for gifts.

Now on to the next book. Well, books. My next big projects include two books for Martingale/That Patchwork Place. The first one is a really fun quilting book and the second is a scrapbooking book. No, I don't sleep!

Again, the Houston Quilt Market is creeping up on those of us in the industry. It will be at the end of October but I know that the show will be upon us quickly. So much to do and so little time!