A long overdue meme


Aside from all the "looking forward" and "starting a clean slate" that the New Year brings, I am determined to accomplish all my "unfinished business" from 2005. Ok, maybe not ALL of it (some sleeping dogs are better off, um, asleep). But definitely all the meme's that have been piling up (sorry guys!).

I will start off with the 23/5 meme that I owe Tattum. I am very, very late. She tagged me in September. So sorry Tattum! But here it is anyway...

This is how it goes:
Take a look into your blog archive.
Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas...
Tag five people to do the same.

"I know that this book has very mixed reviews."

Ok. In this post I was talking about a recipe I had gotten from Mireille Guiliano's book French Women Don't Get Fat. Weight has always been a struggle for me since the day I was born. At this point, I had had enough of diet books and "organized dieting". I did my own thing. 31 years worth of on and off diets, and broken relationships with countless gyms, led me to follow my own counsel when it came to weight loss. But the book sounded intriguing, and (my shameful admission) glamorously French. So I bought it, read it, took to it like a fish to water, and have almost had my jeans fall off in the middle of grocery shopping because they were so loose. And I did it while still being able to enjoy my favorite chocolates and foie. I was a confit-eating, sashaying, oh-so-glamorous, French-woman-wannabe. I was having the time of my life. I still am :)

Now, surfing through blogs and sites, I came across many, um, let's just say, less than stellar reviews about the said book. I am not going to get into the politics of it all here. My cousin, who also bought the book, said she didn't finish it and that South Beach was more for her. South Beach?! Was the magical French wonderland I had been inhabiting just a mirage??? No, jeans still loose (check!), "thin" pants still fit (check!), exorbitant alterations bill (check!).

At the end of the day, this may just be a case of "different strokes for different folks". What works for one person, surely doesn't work for every single other person out there. So the line above was just my little disclaimer, acknowledging that not everyone agrees with the book's content, but (if you read my 23rd post) it sure has a great oatmeal recipe :)

No tags for this one...a little to late in the game for that. Thanks Tattum for being such a patient person!