I have touched greatness!


I'm back! What a trip! Egypt was like nothing I had ever seen before...the great ancient-ness of it all, the mystery (how did they build those things?!) and the madness ("Come see my things! No hassle! No hassle! No cost to look!")! It was a glorious cacophony of sights and sounds. I had to pinch myself every so often...

I am in the process of looking through all my pictures and those of my travel companions (over a thousand photos in total), and trying to organize what and how I am going to post them here. I am also wading through tons of work email. So I'll be posting bits at a time, probably interspersed with regular, non-Egypt posts (including my Lasang Pinoy entry!).

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with some images...

The Sphinx and the Great Pyramid of Cheops in Giza...


Sailing on a felucca in Aswan...


The Kiosk at the Temple of Philae in Aswan...


Cruising down the Nile...the view from the deck of our boat...


The obelisk at dusk in the Temple of Luxor...


Massive columns in the Temple of Karnak...


I'm still reeling...it may have only been a week, but I have amassed a thousand wonderful memories, not just of the amazing sights, but also of all the little experiences along the way (including the food I ate and the people I met!). And now as I sit at my desk, back in the daily grind, I can smile wistfully and remember...until the next adventure!