That's Sew Cinematic: Doctor Who: The Impossible Astronaut Shirt

Friends, as I am such a huge Doctor Who geek, it should come as no surprise that I wanted to re-create this shirt that the lovely Amy Pond (Karen Gillian) wears in The Impossible Astronaut:

Image found here


It just so happened that I had a similar shirt in my closet, which I had stolen from Rob's side of the closet:


Mine is a little more faded, but I like to pretend that it's from all the escaping from Daleks/reprogramming Cybermen/giggling at Adipose that I do all day.


I took the sleeves off, took in the sides of the shirt, and then reattached the sleeves with some gathers at the top.  It's loose like a tunic but still alludes to my curves.  I dig it.  I like to think it's very Amy in its present state.


This refashion was quick and easy, which was great for me.  After working on my "Green" dress for the Sew Weekly, I desperately needed some instant gratification sewing. 


Pond on pond action (*giggle*)


I'm currently working on my first sewn from scratch Cinematic post!  It's all kinds of crazy in my sewing room right now, patterns and fabric thrown all over the place.  I'm hoping to get organized this weekend while Rob is out hitting the bars with other green beer enthusiasts.  I personally prefer to stay at home and watch Darby O'Gill and the Little People and Finian's Rainbow (for the bajillionth time) :) 

Have a great day all, and thanks for stopping by!